Saturday, February 13, 2010

Greatness

Today did not seem like it would be a perfect day -- but ahh, appearances can be deceiving.

I've well and truly caught the sniffling-eyes-running-nose-running-post-nasal-drop that brought Nate low last week, and so this morning (after having some friends over for legume-filled burritos and the Opening Ceremonies) I was feeling fairly lousy. Mornings are always the worst part. But I couldn't wallow in my muscus-y squalor: it's Fashion Week and I was meeting some FN people at the Tents (last season at the Tents, which feels a little melancholy) for a 10am show. But I went to the show, underdressed for the cold and in my most uncomfortable heels, tweeted, checked out Training Camp and then did some shopping, both Valentine's Day related and personal. Dropped by CVS on the way home and battled the cold and the extremely heavy bags to make it home. And this is where things take a turn for the awesome.

I made myself some warm lunch and put on pyjamas, and after lunch sat on the couch with an immense feeling of well-being (as well as a pot of tea and whole-wheat bread with nutella). I had been out and now was in. I had been cold, but now was warm. I had been hungry, but now was fed. But even better -- the day was young, and I had a whole afternoon in front of me, abundant nap opportunities, a brand-new Robert B. Parker novel to read, time to play the Sims. It was a snowy clear day with lots of sunlight, and the Olympics are on all afternoon. Tonight my dear spouse unit (who, incidentally, sent me gorgeous flowers at work yesterday) has made dinner reservations at a location to be revealed later. And best of all, we had some pseudoephedrine left over at home, so my head might even slow down its inexorable drips. Today is a great day.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome day! Well the middle part anyway. Although the dinner at f.i.s.h. was good too!

    ReplyDelete