Sunday, February 28, 2010

O Canada, O-Lympics

Oh man, do I love the Winter Olympics.

After a terrifyingly intense gold medal men's hockey game tonight, the closing ceremonies should be starting up any minute (after a super-long montage of Olympic moments). And I'm bummed! Nate has been making fun of me since the Opening Ceremonies by quoting Jerry Seinfeld at me. Apparently, he has a bit from years back talking about how much he loves "an event where nations compete," and I really do! This event had everything I could want: sports you never see (Biathlon, Nordic combined, aerials, etc.), heart-warming stories (example: they're playing Alexander Bilodeau medal win again right now, and I don't care how manipulative it is I AM NOT CRYING. Not much, anyway), great hockey, hours and hours and hours of curling, lots of stories about the glories of the host nation, a giant bear, slam poetry and faux whales ... In fact, I am super sad it's over tonight, and not only because Nickelback is performing at the closing ceremonies. Mostly because it will be 2014 before the winter Olympics are back on, and that is, as the perky newswoman just informed us, 800+ days away. I suppose it would make the games less special if they were on every year, but I don't see why we can't give it a try.


In the meantime, I can watch Seinfeld on the Olympics. And that's not all bad.
From "I'm telling You for the Last Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment